Initiator: Robert Kinnerfelt
Note taker: Stephanie Allen
Participants: Farrah, Sam Falco, Timothy Breckman, Stephanie Allen
Discussion / Key Concepts / Quotes / Revelations / Highlights
Brief overview of Scaled Agile Framework.
- Larger organizations and programs of 60-120 ppl
- Program level consists of teams, product management and different delivery functionalities
- Valuestream level scales product management work on a higher level
- One valuestream can have many programs
- Portfolio level manages strategic themes and organizes valuestreams and programs
Big plannings/PI plannings are large sessions where the entire program plans the next increment of 5-8 sprints normally.
In the end of a Program Increment (PI) there is a Innovation and Planning sprint where teams do innovative work and key players prepare planning event.
Reccomendations / Next Steps / Actions
Learn that SAFe is not devils invention. Use SAFe as a bootsrap framework to implement agile and lean methodologies and mindsets in the entire organization.
Train yourselves before deciding on wherther you want to go there..