Topic Title: How to Measure Progress & Stay True to Agile
Initiator: Monica Hernandez, MAS Global Consulting
David V Corbin
Ideas for other metrics to measure include...
- Technical health - not just technical debt
- Planned to done ratio
- Business value of done features
- Scaled agile/SAFE
- Have a business lead or chief PO assign a business value to Features/Epics across all teams
- Sync point for prioritization
- Ask vs release cycle time - Dev Ops
- Team motivation and happiness
Demos/Review - Stakeholder Participation
- Execs/key stakeholders can't always attend every 2 weeks. Push for them to attend every few Reviews. They will see the value and make time more often.
- Don't blame them for not attending and then not having information about your team's progress. Instead, offer to help them understand your team's progress so that they do not get defensive.
Educate the Business
- Business will want a project plan/% complete timeline
- Focus their attention on the right (other) numbers instead
- Train your HiPPO (highest paid person's opinion)
Caution: Do not compare teams!
- It's not apples to apples
- If necessary, aggregate numbers and report together, so as not to put any one team on the spot
Ideas for Action/Next Steps: